Dry Eye Treatment in Charleston, SC
Dealing with Gritty, Burning Eyes? Suffering From Discomfort and Blurred Vision?
You don’t have to deal with these symptoms of dry eye! At Lowcountry Eye Care, our dry eye specialists use advanced technology to diagnose your case, and help you find long-lasting relief through personalized dry eye syndrome treatment.
What is Dry Eye?
Dry eye, sometimes called dry eye syndrome or disease, occurs when your eyes produce an insufficient quantity or quality of tears. This results in poor lubrication, which can cause itchy, uncomfortable eyes that suffer from redness, irritation, and blurry vision. The main two types of dry eye are:
- Evaporative, where tears lack their necessary oil components and dry up too quickly
- Aqueous, where your tear glands don’t have enough water or produce enough tears
Common causes of dry eye include aging, excessive digital screen use, allergies, and certain medications.
Treatment of Dry Eye at Lowcountry Eye Care
At Lowcountry Eye Care, our expert dry eye doctors are passionate about helping patients find effective, customized solutions for their dry eye disease. Paired with our cutting-edge technology and family-friendly approach, you can find personalized dry eye syndrome treatment at any of our convenient locations.
Cutting Edge Dry Eye Technology
We’re proud to offer the first and only FDA Approved intense pulsed light (IPL) device designed for dry eye treatment: the Lumenis® OptiLight™! This IPL device uses targeted light energy pulses to unblock your eyelid’s clogged oil-producing meibomian glands, as well as heal inflammation.
- Increase the time it takes for tears to evaporate
- Restore oil-producing meibomian glands for healthier tears
- Remove demodex mites that live on eyelashes and irritate your eyes
Dry Eye Specialists
We want everyone we treat to have healthy vision! We’re proud to house esteemed doctors who specialize in treating dry eye. They’re passionate about helping patients find the relief they deserve, and take the time to evaluate their unique symptoms, lifestyle, and needs.
- Receive personalized dry eye treatments tailored to fit your needs
- Provide lasting relief using in-office and at-home solutions
- Leverage advanced diagnostics to track improvement